Classic Cantonese Dishes are the freshest possible, understated, lightly flavored, never heavy nor salty, and arguably the best if not the oldest gourmet cuisine in the world!
Photos, top to bottom, left to right:
1. Classic Menu based on original restaurant menu at Jade Garden, Causeway Bay
2. Medley of Succulent Barbequed Pork, Market Fresh Gai Lan Greens, and Side Dish of Soup Base Ingredients (whole Duck Legs and Pork with Fragrant Star Anise)
3. Steamed Tofu Pillows Stuffed with Prawns
4. Steamed “White Cut” Chicken
1. Roasted goose
2. Deep fried donut wrapped in rice noodle
3. Lightly seasoned snap pea, cauliflower and broccoli florettes with deep fried garlic
Elements of my last meal in Hong Kong with Cordelia and CF before takeoff. (Not shown: baked almond paste buns for dessert)!