Based on comments I received about Shostakovich and Dostoyevsky, I became curious about other famous people from this historic city.
Here’s a Jeopardy Quiz for you on a few other famous people born in St. Petersburg. Do you know the questions to these answers?
1. As a prima ballerina, her signature performance was the Dying Swan.
2. Founder of the New York City Ballet
3. This political leader served under Vladimir Putin and succeeded him as president of Russia in 2008
4. Author of the Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged, she promoted the philosophy of objectivism
5. A Russian novelist and critic known for such novels as Lolita
Doesn’t this give you a better perspective on these individuals and how they accomplished such remarkable achievements?